F10 no longer detects external display resolution correctly

Hi List,

As of quite recently (did an update of F10 last night but nothing looks suspect i.e. no Xorg or display driver), my external display no longer detects at the correct resolution. This has been working flawlessly for months if not a year or more.

This is a Dell D620 (Intel 950 chipset) with a 1440x900 LCD panel connected to a 19" Acer display that's also 1440x900. I cannot get F10 to allow 1440 on the external display regardless of whether it's mirrored or not. I've tried forcing it with xrandr (well, as much as you can really "force" it) and it tells me this:

$ xrandr --output VGA --mode 1440x900
xrandr: cannot find mode 1440x900

Any ideas?  I'm going blind here with this crappy stretched display mode :)

-Chris