radeon hd 2400 issues?

Just for curiosity, are there known issues with 3D performance
and the Radeon HD 2400 card? The system I have at work
contains a card lspci describes as:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV610 video device [Radeon HD 2400 PRO]

I've tried the radeon driver (installed by default in f10),
the radeonhd driver, and the fglrx driver from rpmfusion,
and 3D performance basically sucks with all of them.
Try to run some game like neverputt and the sucks up
the whole CPU and can't move the images smoothly
at all. The glxgears programs says something like 150 to 200
fps for all the versions of the driver.

I don't really have any need for 3d, but I was experimenting
and wondered why a much newer card on a faster system than
an ati system I have at home has such terrible performance
compared to my older ati card at home.