Re: fdisk issues - external drive.

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 11:16 +1200, Clint Dilks wrote:
> I think FDisk is known to have issues with a single partition of this
> size.  Try using parted to partition the disk instead.

That's not true - it's a limitation of the MSDOS partition table format,
not fdisk. The MBR partition table format cannot support devices or
partitions >2TiB in size due to the representation used for partition
offsets but since this disk is only 1TiB in size there isn't a problem
here.

For devices that do exceed the 2TiB limit you should use the GPT disk
label which is supported by parted.

Regards,
Bryn.