Re: How to redirect http to https with Apache/SVN/SSL [SOLVED]

On Monday 11 May 2009 12:18:47 Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Then that would mean that my normal website for anonymous users
> would be forced use https when it is not required?
>
> As it is, I could just drop the <VirtualHost host.domain.com:80>
> code block for subversion and who cares if subversion reports an error
> for those attempting to use the http:[...]/svn/svnX string, as it would
> not be allowed except for https.
>
> Seems nicer to force http to https only for /svn requests but perhaps
> there is no solution/support for it...  from what I can tell, others have
> claimed to get this to work but I have not been able to duplicate it.

If you really do not mind Subversion displaying an error for non-SSL requests,
then your solution is very easy.  Just move your configuration for /svn inside
of your SSL <VirtualHost> configuration.  Non-SSL Subversion requests would
fail with a 404 error, non-SSL requests elsewhere on your site would be
unaffected.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx