Re: Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> tvtime gives me a great picture but no sound.
>
> mplayer gives me a terrible picture and no sound.
>
> (terrible = inverted picture with green background; just black and
> magenta for colours; and vertical lines running through it.)
>
> Is there a way to find out which video codecs etc. tvtime is using so I
> can duplicate them in mplayer.  tvtime -v doesn't tell me (I think) nor
> is mplayer -v helpful.
>
> I have tried the sound with PulseAudio installed and removed.  No
> difference.

Dumb question - did you check the mixer settings - You may have to
enable another input in the ALSA mixer. You may also have a mixer
for the TX card to set its volume level.

I know that with PulseAudio, my TV card has its own mixer page.

Mikkel