Re: konsole's "configure konsole" doesn't work

> I want to use konsole 1.6.6 within f10

Why?
Because konsole 2.x loses some good features, such as "send input to all sessions" and
dcop features.

> so I installed kdebase3 and some other packages. And then, I compiled
> konsole 1.6.6 from the source code. Everything seems OK besides "Configure
> konsole" doesn't work: after I select "settings->configure konsole", it
> keeps quiet, nothing pops out. Could you tell me how to make it work?

KDE 3 is not supported on F10 (nor on any version of Fedora; the last Fedora
with KDE 3 was F8 which is no longer supported).

Your problem is probably that the configuration modules are not found
because your compiled-from-source stuff is not in /usr (but /usr/local or
whatever prefix you used). Compiling stuff directly from source without
packaging it as an RPM is one of the quickest ways to make a mess out of
your system, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

You can try export KDEDIRS=/usr/local - no guarantee that it will work
though.
Unfortunately, this method doesn't solve the problem.

Another issue is that the settings from the KDE 3 and 4 versions of Konsole
may conflict. We don't ship KDE 3 and 4 versions of the same app in
parallel for a reason.

       Kevin Kofler