Re: Fedora sendmail auth

Steven W. Orr wrote:
Sorry but this is exactly what I didn't want. When I said gentle I really meant it. If I'm sitting in a hotel then how does my access file know if it's my laptop? What is MSA with login creds? How do I enable SSL, and

MSA is the Mail Submission Agent. It requires that you login to the server using a username/password known to the server in order to be able to use it. Failure to login == failure to use the submission port.

Sorry, I don't know of a simple HOWTO, but in order that you don't have an "open mail relay" that any spammer can use, you have to close it off somehow. It should be sufficient for your email client (wherever it is) to be able to authenticate with your mail server. Perhaps googling MSA will turn up some information on how it works, and what you will need to do in order to use it. It is specifically designed for your case of being outside you local network.

what is ISTR?

Jargon:  I Seem To Remember

--
Kevin J. Cummings