Re: hibernate/suspend problems

> I installed f10 on my laptop.
>
> hibernate works quite badly: very long time to hibernate, very long time
> to resume (if it resumes).
>
> suspend does not work at all: suspend, yes, then no possibility to
> resume....
>

> Should I install tuxonice stuff? (If it works!)
>
> My laptop: Toshiba Qosmio F20
>
> Thanks for helping

 Hi,

on my T60 laptop with a Radon something video card suspend works,
hibernate does not (more precisely, resume from hibernate doesn't
work). To get the suspend to work, I had to disable kernel modesetting
by adding the word nomodeset to the kernel boot line. With the kernel
modesetting on, neither suspend nor resume worked, and I was getting
intermittent X server crashes.

HTH,

Peter