Re: fedora 10 installation not going ahead due to SATA driver related issues

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Abhijith Madhav
<abhijithmadhav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> . I am trying to install fedora 10 on this laptop,
> http://www.hclstore.in/hcl_leaptop_k38.html from a DVD drive.
> . I get the following on the console after the installation starts.
> I'm unable to capture them in their entirety as they scroll off in a
> flash. Please note that the below is handwritten.
<.....snip....>
> ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
> ata1.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xec)
> ata1.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
> <Repeats five more times>
> .
<....snip...>
> "
> Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation
> type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver
> disk.
> "
____

I can't confirm this works but is worth a try:
Check in your BIOS and see whether there is an option to set the
SATA mode Selection to AHCI.

~af