Setting up CVS repository and avoiding Selinux issues?

I am trying to get my CVS repository setup.  Apparently,
it appears that the repository must be in the root directory,
otherwise I get selinux permission denials.

What I tried to do initially was to locate the repository
on a NTFS filesystem for which the context is fusefs
which could not be changed, no matter what I tried.
I got selinux permission errors.

Giving that up, I moved the repository to a ext3 filesystem
located on a separate drive/partition, mounted on /f-App1,
where the repository is located @ /f-App1/Develop/cvs, and did:

cd /f-App1/Develop/
chown -R cvs:cvs cvs
chcon -R -t cvs_data_t cvs
find cvs -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find cvs -type t -exec chmod 754 {} \;
ln -s /f-App1/Develop/cvs /cvs

and I got selinux complaining that the files are not /cvs rooted.

So I did:

cp -a /f-App1/Develop/cvs  /cvs1
rm -f /cvs
ln -s /cvs1 /cvs

And it worked.

How can I place my repository in a non-rooted, non-standard
repository location and avoid the selinux complaints?