Re: Editor to program in C

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:34:09PM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Emacs is my editor of choice, and I disagree it has a learning curve.
> <snip>
> vi on the other hand ;)

Aw, crud.  I've dealt with this stupid war for 28 years.

And just to throw gas on the fire--so I'm not pacifist, sue me--I still
think Emacs is overblown for an editor.  A comment I made about Emacs
about '82 or so on Usenet was, "If I wanted an operating system, I'd
get one.  Emacs has everything except the kitchen sink."

And someone pointed out the icon for Emacs was...well, guess.

Another valid comment about Emacs back then:  "Put your coffee cup on
the keyboard and roll it around; it will hit keys that all do
*something*."  (Problem was, probably nothing you wanted.)

Hey, strokes for folks--the great thing about Unix/Linux was summed up
in another quote from those long-ago days:

  Unix doesn't just let you shoot yourself in the foot.  It asks you
  what caliber you want.

Cheers,
--
	Dave "No fancy quote; I'm tired.  Where's my martini?" Ihnat
	dihnat@xxxxxxxxxx