Re: Editor to program in C

On 5 Apr 2009, at 7:32PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

Andras Simon wrote:
There may be reasons for not liking vi or emacs,  but their being
useless is certainly not one of them.

They're useless compared to editors which you can just start to use with no
learning curve.

Emacs is my editor of choice, and I disagree it has a learning curve. If all you want is to type and save files, its as easy as any other simple GUI based editor. If you want to get clever, then yes it takes some learning, but it is ultimately more powerful than most others too.

vi on the other hand ;)

Chris