Re: Installing Moonlight?

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 11:31 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:26:40 -0400
Matthew Saltzman wrote:

I downloaded the file novell-moonlight-1.0.1-x86_64.xpi, which is a zip
archive, but I'm not sure what to do with its contents.  Anyone know the
answer?
An xpi file is a Firefox plugin.  I have never looked at that particular one,
but Firefox has a built-in ability to install xpi files -- just click on the
file and it will give you the opportunity to install it.  After installing, you
can remove or disable it from the Firefox tools menu.

Ah, good point.  That worked to get the plugin installed, but the site
seems to require Silverlight 2...

I am concerned about Moonlight (as well as mono).  Something to think about.

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/3-moonlight-questions/

Moonlight has some of the Silverlight 2 features.

I would complain to the site that requires Moonlight and show them that it isn't good enough for Major league Baseball.

--
Robin Laing