[Semi-OT] OSS audio vs ALSA

While playing with "tinycore linux", I installed OSS audio drivers for my onboard Intel HD audio. AMAZING IMPROVEMENT VS ALSA! With ALSA, I have to max the volume to hear anything, with OSS 20% volume was a normal listening level. Everything that I tried sounded much better with OSS. I'm seriously thinking of switching my media box from Fedora to tinycore.

Can someone explain why OSS was rejected by the Fedora team? License problem?

Regards,

John