Re: Lost Files

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 16:31 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 08:35 +0200, jolmstead wrote:
> > and my lack of expertise my wife wanted me to move all of her
> > OpenOffice.org files from the Linux operating system to Vista.  So I
> > thought I could just move everything from her home directory to
> > the /media/disk directory and all would be good.
> >
> You're going to have to say what /media/disk refers to.  A plugged in
> hard drive, flash drive, or some internal drive.
In this case /media/disk is the part of the Windows disk available to
the Linux user. I have the same thing on my machine. moving rather than
copying was the mistake. But the files should be in subdirectories owned
by his wife. Or maybe since he did not have formal access to his wife's
directories they went into the bit bucket which would be too bad.