Re: What packages to install Chinese language

2009/4/22 winglion <winglion1@xxxxxxx>:
>        I just install the colinux and use the the fedora 10 image povide by colinux.It is a english install.
> But I am Chinse and want to install Chinese locale and language support! What package should I install for
> full Chinese support! Or how to find or pick up pakages I need .
>    thx!

Chinese fonts changed package names between fc9 and fc10 (or was it
fc8 & 9?). I went through the exercise trying to find the
replacements, can't remember now how I solved the problem. Here are
some packages I ended up with, though some of them may be Japanese,
since I was looking for those too.

cjkunifonts-ukai
jisksp16-1990-fonts
knm_new-fonts
m17n-db-common-cjk
taipeifonts
wqy-bitmap-fonts
wqy-zenhei-fonts
wqy-unibit-fonts

Maybe all I did was

$ yum search chinese
Loaded plugins: fedorakmod, refresh-packagekit, security
=============================== Matched: chinese ===============================
kde-i18n-Chinese.noarch : Chinese(zh_CN) (Simplified Chinese) language support
                        : for KDE3
kde-i18n-Chinese-Big5.noarch : Chinese(zh_TW) (Big5) language support for KDE3
openoffice.org-langpack-zh_CN.x86_64 : Simplified Chinese language pack for
                                     : openoffice.org
openoffice.org-langpack-zh_TW.x86_64 : Traditional Chinese language pack for
                                     : openoffice.org
WritRecogn.x86_64 : Handwriting recognizer for CJK characters
cjkunifonts-ukai.noarch : Chinese Ukai style face TrueType font
cjkunifonts-uming.noarch : Chinese Uming style face TrueType Font
enca.i386 : Character set analyzer and detector
enca.x86_64 : Character set analyzer and detector
fbterm.x86_64 : A frame buffer terminal emulator
fonts-chinese.noarch : Meta-package for Chinese fonts
gcin.i386 : Input method for Traditional Chinese
gcin.x86_64 : Input method for Traditional Chinese
ibus-chewing.x86_64 : The Chewing engine for IBus input platform
ibus-pinyin.noarch : The PinYin engine for IBus platform
ibus-table-chinese.noarch : Chinese tables for general table engine of IBus.
jomolhari-fonts.noarch : Jomolhari a Bhutanese style font for Tibetan and
                       : Dzongkha
kde-l10n-Chinese.noarch : Chinese (Simplified Chinese) language support for KDE
kde-l10n-Chinese-Traditional.noarch : Chinese (Traditional) language support for
                                    : KDE
koffice-langpack-zh_CN.noarch : Simplified Chinese language pack for koffice
koffice-langpack-zh_TW.noarch : Traditional Chinese language pack for koffice
libchewing.i386 : Intelligent phonetic input method library for Traditional
                : Chinese
libchewing.x86_64 : Intelligent phonetic input method library for Traditional
                  : Chinese
libuninum.i386 : Library for converting unicode strings to numbers
libuninum.x86_64 : Library for converting unicode strings to numbers
m17n-db-chinese.noarch : Chinese m17n-db input maps
m17n-db-common-cjk.noarch : Common m17n-db files for CJK input
moodle-zh_cn.noarch : Moodle language pack for Chinese (Simplified)
moodle-zh_tw.noarch : Moodle language pack for Chinese (Traditional/Big5)
perl-Text-WrapI18N.noarch : Line wrapping with support for several locale setups
perl-Unicode-Map.x86_64 : Perl module for mapping charsets from and to utf16
                        : unicode
pydict.noarch : English/Chinese Dictionary written with python/gtk
scim-chewing.x86_64 : Chewing Chinese input method for SCIM
scim-fcitx.x86_64 : FCITX Input Method Engine for SCIM
scim-lang-chinese.x86_64 : SCIM meta package for Chinese support
scim-pinyin.x86_64 : Smart Pinyin IMEngine for Smart Common Input Method
                   : platform
scim-python-chinese.x86_64 : Python chinese IM engines
scim-python-pinyin.x86_64 : Two python chinese pinyin IM engines
scim-tables-chinese.x86_64 : SCIM tables for Chinese
stardict-dic-zh_CN.noarch : Simplified Chinese(zh_CN) dictionaries for StarDict
stardict-dic-zh_TW.noarch : Traditional Chinese(zh_TW) dictionaries for StarDict
taipeifonts.noarch : Chinese Bitmap Fonts
tomoe.i386 : Handwritten input system for Japanese and Chinese
tomoe.x86_64 : Handwritten input system for Japanese and Chinese
wqy-bitmap-fonts.noarch : WenQuanYi Bitmap Chinese Fonts
wqy-zenhei-fonts.noarch : WenQuanYi Zen Hei CJK Font
xorg-x11-fonts-misc.noarch : misc bitmap fonts for the X Window System
zhcon.x86_64 : A fast Linux Console Chinese System that supports framebuffer