From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Clint Dilks
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:40 AM
To: Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: Re: Virtualization for Beginner

das wrote:
> Hello Friends
>
> As a member of a local linux group called GLT, a few different distros

> of GNU-Linux we have to handle. One or two versions of each Fedora,
> Ubuntu, and OpenSuse.
>
> Earlier, I installed more than one Linux on the HD just for getting
> some suggestion when someone is in problem. Gradually, due to the UUID

> and all this is becoming problemsome. One brute way out is to rewrite
> 'fstab' with device-names in place of UUID-s. But people say these
> days a lot of applications read the UUID-s, so this may get
> problemsome.
>
> So, after some friends suggested, I now want to go into
> virtualization. And I know nothing. I have a really huge amount of HD
> space, and 4GB memory. And my CPU has the virtualization flags. I am
> myself using Fedora 11 Beta and I want to have virtual installations
> of Ubuntu and OpenSuse on my system.
>
> Can you people please suggest me from where to start, some good
> documentation, and not too technical. We are a Linux-User group,
> mainly teachers in profession.
>
> Thanking You

Hi Das

I would recommend that you take a look at VirtualBox.  Its very easy to
get started with, without needing to know to much about Virtualization
before-hand.

See http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation

And Good Luck

This email contains confidential information. The contents must
not be disclosed to anyone else except with the authority of the sender.
Unauthorised recipients are requested to maintain this confidentiality and
immediately advise the sender of any error or misdirection in transmission.

The following notice applies to emails originating in the UK.
E-mails sent on behalf of AMEC are sent on behalf of the relevant AMEC
company below. These are registered in England and Wales with registered
office at Booths Park, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8QZ and
number as shown: AMEC plc 01675285, AMEC Group Limited 04612748,
AMEC Capital Projects Limited 02804109, AMEC Earth and Environmental UK
Limited 04987981, AMEC Nuclear Holdings Limited 03725076,
AMEC Nuclear M & O Limited 05664844, AMEC Nuclear UK Limited 01120437,
AMEC Nuclear International Limited 03260477, AMEC Nuclear Projects
Limited 05664962  and National Nuclear Corporation Limited 02290928