Re: Akonadi server process not registered at DBus

On Saturday 11 April 2009, Craig White wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 10:35 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
>> I get an Akonadi error message when I log into my KDE session.
>>
>> A short while after the session starts, an Akonadi window appears with a
>> list of tasks that have occurred.  The first item in the list marked as
>> an error is
>>
>> "Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus"
>>
>> Frustratingly, the Akonadi error window disappears after being visible
>> for about 10 seconds and I can't get much more information than that.
>>
>> There is a button to copy the error message(s) to the clipboard, but it
>> doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> How do I troubleshoot/fix this problem ?
>
>----
>assuming that you are not running gui as root which seems to cause some
>issues with akonadia, that seemed to be an issue with early versions of
>F10/KDE but I suspect that if you open systemsettings
>
>Advanced => Akondai Configuration => Akonodai Server Configuration
>
>and then click 'Test' button, you can see what the issues are and use
>this tool to fix if necessary.
>
>Craig

Craig, hijacking a thread here I suspect, but for users of KDE as shipped by
Fedora for f10, there is not such an animal in the menu's.  Which is probably
why you couldn't understand why I had all the trouble I had.  There is simply
no access to that utility from my menu's on this machine.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)