Where, O where, did that window go?

OK, so I've got my system hooked up to my 40" LCD TV. I'm using Nvidia
drivers, but otherwise everything's cool. I have one panel, at the
bottom of the screen. I create a gnome terminal window and minimize it.
The icon does not show up in the panel, although the shell is still
there.

So I've clearly missed something. Anyone know what it might be?

Thanks.