Re: [Request] Language support packages not installed by default

Rick Stevens wrote:
Beartooth wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 04:27:45 +0930, Tim wrote:
    [....]
It's really only the installer that needs to have multi-lingual support
right from the get-go, to ask you what languages to use.  An installed
system only needs the languages that you actually need.

Good point! All the more reason not to include umpteen bazillion of them as defaults anywhere else.

Would you communicate that to the Mozilla gang as well? :-)

Having all those ruddy language packs reinstalled every time Firefox or
Thunderbird gets updated is OK on my desktops with drives >500GB, but
they suck up too much space on my Aspire One.  I delete them just to
have them reappear on every bloody update.  Grrrr!

Hi Rick!

It may be worse than you think. While I work I leave the Firefox->Tools->JavaScript_Console open.

It seems that Firefox calls home daily or perhaps shortly after being launched. The javascript console reports, one by one, that each and every language pack is being/has been updated.

[as I freak out-->what else are you doing?  aaaaargh]