Re: Screensavers fighting

Beartooth wrote:
> 	For the last several releases, up to and including F10, I've been
> running xscreensaver exclusively, and wouldn't even install gnome-
> screensaver except that xscreensaver demands it.

screensaver is a misnomer.

intent of a screensaver is to keep from burning an image into phosphor, while in process,
it is still burning phosphor.

if you really want to save your screen, then use 'blank'. this will not burn phosphor and
give added life over what a graphic screensaver takes away.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
'fedora faqs' http://www.fedorafaq.org/