Re: [Request] Language support packages not installed by default

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:14:57 +0300, Code Dash wrote:

> Under "Package collections" in Add/Remove, there are tooo many language
> packages installed by default. Most of us need english and the native
> laguage, if its not english. Why have in my clean install system "Arabic
> support", "Armenian Support" etc? Since i choose english in the
> beginning of install that should only be installed. If i want another or
> all the languages i can add them with some clicks. I d like my request
> to be accepted, or explain to me if i miss something.

	Please discipline your mailer or newsreader to eschew html.

	I concur with the content, and have a suggestion.

	It ought not to be all that hard to get a list of languages by
number of computer users. Given that, surely one could include only the
top five (including or excluding English), plus directions in each saying
how to get the rest.

	There are certainly monolingual users in North America, alas!;
but they should be pretty well taken care of by the default to English.

	Elsewhere, people learn others in school if not before -- and the
less widespread their own language, the more others they learn.