Re: Interactive startup on F10. Pressing "I" doesn't work

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 00:37:25 +0100
Sharpe, Sam J wrote:

> If you want to disable services, use Rescue Mode or Single User Mode.
> When a system is booted to multi-user-graphical I want the same
> scripts running as last time thankyou, regardless of any finger
> mashing by the user.

When I have wanted to use it in the past (and never succeeded) it
wasn't to disable services but simply to find out which one aborted
and left the tail end of a kernel walkback trace on my screen.
Now that we finally have an actual boot log, that may not be necessary
anymore (I mostly wound up resorting to switching to boot on a
serial port and log the results with a terminal emulator on
another computer connected via null modem - an insane pain
in the patoot).