Re: VMware server 2.0 on 64-bit F10

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
I'm unable to connect to VMware Server 2 via https://127.0.0.1:8333. The
connection times out. I've been reading fragments of reports elsewhere
on the web that others are running into major problems with VMware
Server 2 on 64-bit F10. They all say they can't shut down VMware
services or re-run vmware-config.pl without hard resetting via the power
switch. Some have suggested shutting down SELinux (add selinux=0 to
grub.conf), but this doesn't fix the problem. Others have suggested
shutting down the firewall. Again, no joy.

Can anyone point me to a working solution?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL

Did you finish the install by running "vmware-config.pl" ? Its a must. and you must have your kernel dev packages installed to do it. Second: do "service vmware status" to see if the services are up ... if not start them. Also try your non https port at 8222 (which is the default, you can change it in the config script).
wcn