Re: Hydrogen crashing desktop when opening. F10

On Sunday 15 March 2009 16:43, Andras Simon wrote:
> On 3/15/09, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As synaptic has been repaired now by an update, I thought that I'd try
> > installing something to check it out, so installed Hydrogen, and
> > hydrogen-drumkits, which installed ok without any of the previous md5
> > missmatch problems.
> >
> > Anyway, I click on the Hydrogen icon, which opens a page showing info
> > about Hydrogen, then close that page. Hydrogen's small splash screen is
> > showing the
> > Hydrogen tries to open, but instantly crashes the F10 desktop, and takes
> > me to a login screen.
> >

> > I've just tried it on F10's Gnome desktop, with the same result.
> >
> > Anyway care to try Hydrogen, and say whether it works ok for them, or
> > they are
> > getting the same problem as I am?
>
> FWIW, Hydrogen (v 0.9.3) works fine here. But then I'm not using any
> kind of desktop.
>
> Andras

Hi Andras.

How are you running it then? On xfce?

I may try removing it, and re-installing using apt-get directly. Perhaps
synaptic still has a problem, but there wern't any error messages, apart from
"extra output was created during install", but I often get that with
synaptic, and can be ignored.

I have had Hydrogen crash when the wrong audio output was selected. for
example, if Hydrogen was set to use jack, and jackd wasn't started, then
Hydrogen would crash, but I've never had it also crashing the desktop before.

Tried various options for audio output. Jackd running, jackd stopped, and I
think Hydrogen is still an OSS audio app (may be wrong there), but alsa-oss
is also installed, so there should be no problem there.

Hydrogen version installed on my F10 is.
hydrogen-0.9.3-13.fc9.i386

Thanks for your reply.

Nigel.