Re: Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:32 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I have all my emails since 2002.   This isn't the first folder that
> reached the 2GB limit.

I've got folders with thousands of messages going back further than
that, none of them are anywhere near that size.

Of course, if you have messages with files attached, that swells things
up a lot.

> Evolution is pretty good about being reasonably fast with large
> folders.

My experience says that it's rather dire (out of trying over a dozen
different clients, over the years).  Filtering is the slowest I've seen
on any mail client.  I gave up filtering in Evolution, and just manually
dump messages into folders once a week, or so (use the search box to
find all the fedora-list messages, drag and drop them out of inbox to a
fedora folder).  And it's hopeless at doing two things at once, such as

[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.