Loss of focus in KVM - Fedora recent versions

When running stuff in KVM, I find that my mouse regularly loses focus, but the keyboard remains bound to the application, and the window header still advises "Press Ctrl-Alt to exit grab" so qemu-kvm doesn't see the issue. Has anyone seen this, or know what causes it?

I've seen it since FC6 (with more recent kernels and KVM downloads) all the way to FC9 with all Fedora software. It's *really* annoying, and it's certainly not a NEW problem, just one which bothers me more with a dozen VM servers than the two I used to have. I rarely use KVM on my FC10 machines so it's not obvious if the problem persists there. Hardware is assorted Intel and AMD CPUs, running Fedora in 32 bit mode, with standard or PAE kernel.

I have started the VM by hand to eliminate any effects from a manager program:
  qemu-kvm -m 1200 -hda F10-demo.img
which works fine but loses the focus.

Any thoughts?

--