Re: without a truly working "jigdo", re-spins are effectively useless

On Thursday 12 March 2009 11:25:07 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> "Welcome to Fedora Unity's Re-Spin download site. In the past we have
> chosen BitTorrent as our method for sharing bits. For our latest
> release we have gone with using Jigdo to reduce the bandwidth and time
> requirements of each Spin. Thanks and enjoy!"
>
>   there is a fundamental logical disconnect here:  jigdo is being
> promoted heavily as a way to get fedora re-spins, when jigdo clearly
> doesn't work for a rapidly-changing distro like fedora.  can we
> finally agree on that?

The provider of the "jigdo template" ought to be pointing to a repository of the
updates you need, to be used when they are not available from other sources,
but providing instructions suggesting to check local sources and / or mirrors
of the distro first so you don't overwhelm an under-resourced site.