Re: f10 annoying bugs/enhancements: chooser

fred smith wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:56:41AM +0000, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
François Patte wrote:
How to disable this "enhancement" and fall back to an old-style chooser
(login/password, maybe a nice picture...)
Add or edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add this section:

[greeter]
Browser=false

Then restart gdm...

This doesn't seem to work in F10. I remember seeing other posts on it,
and the consensus was th at a lot of the configurability has been disabled,
including the ability to control the font size (which on my eeepc is HUGE
on the small screen).

Allegedly, replacing it with the one from F9 solves the proglem, though
I haven't tried that.

Err, I was actually speaking from experience.

That setting is from my Desktop machine running Fedora 10, which is connected to an LDAP directory. The search DN for this machine currently has 24 users in it.

My login screen currently shows Me and "Other..."

I have to admit that I haven't asked anyone else to login so it may be that it contains everyone who has logged in, the last user or some other smaller list - but it certainly doesn't contain everyone in the directory.

--
Sam