Re: without a truly working "jigdo", re-spins are effectively useless

> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, psmith wrote:

>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   ... bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine ... :-)

>> why not just download the respin over torrent?

>> http://spins.fedoraunity.org/unity/torrent-files-fedora-10-20090210-re-spin

>   while that is *a* solution, it still requires more bandwidth than
> jigdo should use.  i'm just saying that, if fedora proposes a
> particular download technique, it should at least work.

FedoraUnity is in no way connected to Fedora.

Fedora's official jigdo offerring will update, for example, a Fedora 9
DVD to an ISO of Fedora 10. Or the CDs if you prefer. You can make a DVD
from the CD or the reverse if you choose. It does *not* contain anything
that has changed. The updates

FedoraUnity's jigdo, this one, updates a Fedora official release to the
release with updates substituted for the original packages.

The jigdo file that you were trying to use is about one month old so I
am not surprised that some of the 'updates' have been replaced with
'newer updates'. I told you that it was alright to edit any of those
changes.

Fedora and FedoraUnity have no control over the transfer speed of any
mirror. There used to be a way to 'fix' that but I an not sure that it
still works.

I, myself, run a Rawhide system but I have used the CLI of jigdo to make
updated Fedora 8 DVDs, Fedora 9 DVDs, and even Fedora 10 DVDs from the
jigdo files offered by FedoraUnity. Both the x86 and x86_64 types.

So jigdo does work. Quite well actually.

--

  David