Not all compiz effects working

Hello Everyone,

I am running Fedora 10 x86_64 on a P5Q-E motherboard with a Radeon HD
3870 graphics card.  I'm using the fglrx module provided by RPMs from
the rpm fusion non-free repo. My desktop environment is Gnome.

I have "desktop effects" enabled, which has let me put the desktop on a
cube and has made the windows wobbly.  Cool!  Unfortunately, enabling
more 3D effects using the CompizConfig Settings Manager doesn't work.

For example, I turned on Expo, which should activate after moving the
mouse to the top left corner.  It never works.  3D Windows, which should
make my windows appear to float above the desktop when I spin the
desktop, doesn't work either.  As far as I can tell, none of the
additional effects are working.

I've tried deleting all my compiz settings, restoring the default compiz
settings, enabling/disabling "desktop effects", and logging in and out
(even complete reboots).  Nothing has fixed the problem.

Am I missing something, or do the additional effects not work with my 3D
card?  Incidentally, I have been able to use all of the above effects
(and more) on a HP notebook running the i386 version of Fedora 10 with
an embedded Intel chipset.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux