Hardware upgrade -> Volume Group "VolGroup00" not found.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was
after a hardware upgrade on the computer I'm using right now, however,
it was an F8 system so instead of preupgrade I decided a fresh install
was in order, no big deal.

This time it's with my Myth Box running F10 and if I don't fix this
quickly the wife is going to kill me. Why does a hardware change (new
MB) cause this problem? Shouldn't it be able to find the volume group
regardless?

In my previous situation a livecd could find the volume group but the
installed system could not and I suspect the same will happen this
time but I am creating a livecd just to be sure.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks,
Richard

Old System: