Re: Evolution versus Kmail. Was: First thoughts on KDE4.2...

Mail Lists wrote:
>   I dropped kmail ages ago as the devs refused to move into the modern
> html world - which I need for business. I was advised by the developers
> that I should use text mail for all purposes and the world was wrong -
> and the devs knew what was best.

And they were right.

HTML mail serves no useful purpose, just say "no"!

That said, KMail does support basic HTML composing these days. But that
doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

>   Maybe they woke up .. other than that I used to kind of like kmail ...
> great for mailing lists tho ... it also seemed to have stalled in its
> development for a long long time .. maybe that changed too by now ..

That changed too. In 3.5.9 it got some useful features from the
kdepim-enterprise branch, and now in 4.2 it got a lot of UI improvements
from the enteprisee4 branch. The Kolab team (the folks behind those
enterprise branches) is actively working on kdepim.

        Kevin Kofler