Re: Please help! Lost my LVM VG...

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Andrew Junev wrote:
What shall I do to automatically activate this VG during
boot?

If I understand the VG commands correctly, you just did.
I think the OP wants his VG to activate without the need for him
to give the root password at each boot and mess around running
commands by hand :)

Bryn.

I thought that running "vgchange -ay VolTerabytes00" would have modified /etc/lvm/cache/.cache so that the VG would stay active. (I

The cache is revalidated each time the tools run. If VGs are only
being activated at boot when listed in that file, it's a bug.

think I have the correct file.) This one reason the / file system had to be remounted rw.

No. Type 1 locking (local file based locks stored in /var) failed to
initialise because the directory /var/lock/lvm was not writable.

Regards,
Bryn.