Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

This thread is still going on strong?

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike Chalmers wrote:
I do not understand how Fedora expects you to upgrade or reinstall
every 6 months or so.

This is just not right.

Should a distro keep continuing to make you install every six months,
if so, I would rather use Microsoft. Why not provide updates, major
ones, to the already installed OS instead of having to reinstall a new
OS!!! I imagine that this, if done in an organized way, could be
easier on the developers of Fedora.

INSTEAD OF MAKING CONSUMERS INSTALL EVERY SIX MONTHS OR UNTIL THE
UPDATES STOP, JUST PROVIDE LARGE UPDATES THAT UPGRADE A SYSTEM WITHOUT
HAVING TO DO A COMPLETELY NEW INSTALL???

THEN YOU WILL HAVE A LARGER FAN BASE AND A MORE STABLE OS!!!

I have not read the whole thread yet but I don't update every six months.  My home systems were running Fedora 7 until I moved to 10. That is over a year.

I know people that are still running FC4.

There are other versions of Linux out there that offer long life just as Centos does.

--
Robin Laing

--
/\_/\