Re: bbc and realplayer

mmmmmmmmm
very good

2009/2/12 Peter Malcolm Croft Price <petermcprice@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> it works well!!
> Can you tell me where can I find the list of BBC channel?
> I have made a blog  in which I report all the problems that I have fixed in
> this mailing list. And I will put a post about this.
> Thanks for the  help,
>
> Regards
>

> Adel
>

> 2009/2/12 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>
>>
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:57:38 +0100
>> Peter Malcolm Croft Price wrote:
>>

>> > rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio2/live/r2_dsat_g2.ra
>>
>> Just out of curiosity I fed that link to mplayer, and it worked fine for
>> me (of course I also have a vast collection of codecs I've been
>> accumulating
>> over the years and stashing in /usr/lib/codecs for mplayer to find - God
>> knows which one worked, or where I found it :-).
>>
>> --
>

> --
> PhD candidate in Computer Science
> Address
> BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
> 1001 Tunis
> Tunisia
> tel: +216 97 246 706
> fax: +216 71 391 166
>
> --

The only list I know of is in my bash_history. I use firefox and
downloadhelper to capture the .ram file which contains the .ra url.
then I use for example
vsound -v -t -f -d ./test.wav realplay
rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/1545_fri.ra

to record the stream
If you cant replicate let me know and I will dig through my history
and post the channels for your blog
Peter