RE: bbc and realplayer

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 08:16 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I tried to install gecko-medaiplayer from that site

Which site?  There was three URIs on the stuff you quoted.

> but I failed because it needed gecko-devel to be installed which I
> can't find. Where is it?

I'm still using Fedora nine, and have gecko-mediaplayer installed, but
no gecko-devel.  I've only ever had marginal success playing media from
the BBC, but many other things do work.

They (the BBC, and various other sites) seem to wrap all their media up
in a tangle of crap that makes it even harder to use whatever media
stream they're using.  i.e. It doesn't have to be *THAT* hard to play
Real Media.

Trying the http://france.real.com/music/bbcradio/ link from a prior
posting, lands me at a decision page.  Picking one or more of the
choices of streams to listen to lands me at a reject page:
http://france.real.com/inc/info/unavailable/fr/?os=linux  They're
deliberately jamming me, I can't be arsed to fight my way through their
obstacle course to see if it actually does work.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.