Re: missing library, cannot run vi

Hi Im using fedora 10 on a x64 arch, I tried to install the package as you suggested but i dont know why i get the following:

[root@localhost tmp]# yum install gpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit
 * livna: livna.cat.pdx.edu
 * fedora: gulus.usherbrooke.ca
 * kde-redhat-all: kdeforge.unl.edu
 * kde-redhat: mirror.unl.edu
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: astromirror.uchicago.edu
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.liberty.edu
 * fedora-debuginfo: fedora.mirror.iweb.ca
 * freshrpms: ayo.es6.freshrpms.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: astromirror.uchicago.edu
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
No Presto metadata available for atrpms
No Presto metadata available for planetcore
No Presto metadata available for livna
No Presto metadata available for fedora
No Presto metadata available for kde-redhat-all
No Presto metadata available for kde-redhat
No Presto metadata available for atrpms-bleeding
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-free
No Presto metadata available for fedora-debuginfo
No Presto metadata available for freshrpms
No Presto metadata available for planetccrma
No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree
Excluding Packages from ATrpms - x86_64 - Stable
Finished
369 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package gpm.x86_64 0:1.20.5-2.fc10 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

============================================================================================================================================
 Package Arch Version Repository Size
============================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 gpm x86_64 1.20.5-2.fc10 updates 237 k

Transaction Summary
============================================================================================================================================
Install 0 Package(s)
Update 1 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 237 k
Is this ok [y/N]: yes
Downloading Packages:
Downloading DeltaRPMs:
Rebuilding rpms from deltarpms
http://dl.anmar.eu.org/repos/f10/updates-x86_64/RPMS/gpm-1.20.5-2.fc10.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
  gpm-1.20.5-2.fc10.x86_64: failure: RPMS/gpm-1.20.5-2.fc10.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

[root@localhost tmp]#
thanks,

DavidGarcia

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Antonio Garcia Campos wrote:

> I've tried to install the library but my yum cannot find it. below
> it's what i've done.
>
> [davidga@localhost RD]$ vimdiff
> vimdiff: error while loading shared libraries: libgpm.so.1: cannot
> [davidga@localhost RD]$ vi
> vim: error while loading shared libraries: libgpm.so.1: cannot open
> [davidga@localhost RD]$ sudo su
> bash: /etc/profile.d/java.sh: Permission denied
> bash: ======================: command not found
> [root@localhost RD]# yum install libgpm.so.1
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit
>  * livna: livna.cat.pdx.edu <http://livna.cat.pdx.edu>
>  * fedora: less.cogeco.net <http://less.cogeco.net>
>  * kde-redhat-all: kdeforge.unl.edu <http://kdeforge.unl.edu>
>  * kde-redhat: mirror.unl.edu <http://mirror.unl.edu>
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: astromirror.uchicago.edu
> <http://astromirror.uchicago.edu>
>  * rpmfusion-free: mirror.liberty.edu <http://mirror.liberty.edu>
>  * fedora-debuginfo: fedora.mirror.iweb.ca <http://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca>
>  * freshrpms: ayo.es6.freshrpms.net <http://ayo.es6.freshrpms.net>
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree: astromirror.uchicago.edu
> <http://astromirror.uchicago.edu>
> Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
> No Presto metadata available for atrpms
> No Presto metadata available for planetcore
> No Presto metadata available for livna
> No Presto metadata available for fedora
> No Presto metadata available for kde-redhat-all
> No Presto metadata available for kde-redhat
> No Presto metadata available for atrpms-bleeding
> No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
> No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-free
> No Presto metadata available for fedora-debuginfo
> No Presto metadata available for freshrpms
> No Presto metadata available for planetccrma
> No Presto metadata available for rpmfusion-nonfree
> Excluding Packages from ATrpms - x86_64 - Stable
> Finished
> 369 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> No package libgpm.so.1 available.
> Nothing to do
>
> any suggestions?

You don't say what version of fedora you are running.  But, in any case
the package gpm provides that library.  So, use yum to install gpm and
see where you stand after that.

--
Every cloud engenders not a storm. -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg