Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Feature Proposal: Rolling Updates (was Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!)
From: Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/11/2009 10:04 AM

I'd really like to see Fedora work more toward
streamlining the 'upgrade' process online instead of relying on DVD
ISOs, etc.

Already done. As of Fedora 10, PackageKit will offer a Fedora 10 -> Fedora 11 upgrade when Fedora 11 is released. This will be done from now on. It uses preupgrade for the magic.

I've been using yum, and now preupgrade, to go from Fedora to Fedora for multiple releases now. I've never had to reinstall or download an ISO.