Re: Never-ending boot progress

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Tim Clarke <Tim.Clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> Interestingly there is no /etc/inittab !
> Am placing a good one and testing...

Recently I had similar issues with missing files after an install. It
boiled down
to a corrupt image download. The tip is to test the media when the install asks
for a media check. Try that and if you find errors get yourself another
download.

>> have you tried ro have full boot verbose report removing
>> related option??

Removing the rhgb and the quiet option will show verbose info on the screen
at boot time.
The rhgb option is what makes the white and blue bars appear at boot time.

~af