Re: acer aspire one - gnome rsolution problem :-(

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 08:40 +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm batteling to get the correct display resolution in gnome for my
> acer aspire one. In the display settings "system > prefrences >
> hardware > screen resolution " the highest option I get is 1024 x 600.
>
> system-config-display allow me to configure to 1024 x 768 which is the
> correct max but these setting don't take effect. I assume gnome
> nolonger uses /etc/X11/xorg.conf for its settings as thishas no effect
> at all.
>
> Over to the gnome gurus please help .. having apps that disapear off
> the screen just no nice ...
----
1024x600 is the max (actual) but if you create an xorg.conf file, you
could set the 'virtual' display to pretty much any size you wish.

I don't use gnome so I am not knowledgeable about their toolsets but in
KDE, systemsettings works fairly well and kandrtray somewhat resets the
settings each login (save for the bottom panel which seems to open 640
pixels wide).

Craig