Re: KDE 3.5 in Fedora 10

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 09:46 -0600, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > You'll have to just get used to KDE 4.
>
> No he won't, unless he chooses to.  There are lots of alternatives out
> there -- GNOME and XFCE on Fedora, other distributions, even other
> operating systems.
>
> Believe it or not, KDE 4 (including 4.2) simply doesn't work well for
> some people.  As just one example, right-clicking on the desktop in my
> second display causes the pop-up menu to appear on the first display.
> Are you seriously claiming that's acceptable for day-to-day productive
> use?
>
> Here's a proposal ... Those of us who dislike KDE 4 won't try to make
> you stop using it if you'll stop trying to ram it down our throats.
> Deal?

If "ram it down our throats" means "support it instead of (rather than
as well as) KDE 3.5", then I'm afraid it's going to be no deal. If in
fact it means something else, then feel free to explain. As you say
yourself, no-one is forcing you to use KDE, or to use Fedora, or to use
KDE with Fedora, but KDE 4 is what Fedora now supports, not 3.5, and
several people (including some of those that actually do the work we all
benefit from) have explained at length why this is so. That said, have
you reported the right-click problem to Bugzilla?

poc