Re: How can make my webcam visible everywhere?

RDB wrote:

>> My internet connection and web server has internal address 192.168.2.2 .
>> I'm running shorewall as firewall on this server.
>> I have IP_FORWARDING=On in shorewall.conf .

> Few things I'm not clear:
> 1. Is your box that have Shorewall also act as the router to the rest of
> internal network ? (i.e does the cable from your modem box plug in
> directly to this box?)

My server, "helen", is attached to an ADSL modem through eth0,
and to a Linksys WRT54GL router through eth1.
The machines on my home network all go through this router.
I have a fixed external IP address 86.43.71.228 .

> 2. Do you want both from your web server _and_ your webcam to be viewable
> from the outside world ?

Yes.

> Most people only have one public IP address from the internet provider. So
> if you want to serve both your web and your webcam that both uses HTTP
> protocol, you have to use different port from outside world that routes to
> different thing (i.e your web server and your webcam). You can check
> public ip address here: http://www.whatismyip.com/).
>
> So for example, you can have the default http://<your public IP> routes to
> your web server, and http://<your public ip>:8888 routes to your webcam
> (the
> :8888 means port 8888).
>
> To do this with shorewall, look at the "IP Forwarding" section in its
> documentation.

Thanks very much.
That has indeed elucidated the issue.