Re: Why I want to stop using Fedora!!!

Mike Chalmers wrote:
> I do not understand how Fedora expects you to upgrade or reinstall
> every 6 months or so.
>
> This is just not right.

Agreed they do a major Upgrade,
but they do not expect you to u\g (upgrade):
Even the overview, gives one year, as a necessary u\g
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

> Should a distro keep continuing to make you install every six months,

As 1st snippet above,
With the "machines" I need daily, they wait six months in to get u\g.
In that a lot of new bugs are sorted. Usually, with physical access it
is done <=20mins per box.

> if so, I would rather use Microsoft. Why not provide updates, major
> ones, to the already installed OS instead of having to reinstall a new
> OS!!!

That is what total freedom is about, free to use as in speech, beer, or
neither.

I imagine that this, if done in an organized way, could be
> easier on the developers of Fedora.

Ask them, you may find aside from those who are sponsored by Red Hat,
the community devlopers may be here because it is fast paced?
Really Don't know, I haven't asked them yet.

> INSTEAD OF MAKING CONSUMERS INSTALL EVERY SIX MONTHS OR UNTIL THE
> UPDATES STOP, JUST PROVIDE LARGE UPDATES THAT UPGRADE A SYSTEM WITHOUT
> HAVING TO DO A COMPLETELY NEW INSTALL???

As first snippet.

> THEN YOU WILL HAVE A LARGER FAN BASE AND A MORE STABLE OS!!!

Check this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-February/msg00000.html
also some replies on:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/