Re: Firefox Running Slow in Linux

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 20:53 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
 Not to over stretch this topic, but you have a Core2Duo with 4GB of
RAM, so if you were seeing performance issues with Firefox, that would
be it was _really_ slow as opposed to just slow.

As I tried to explain, the performance was exactly the same when it only
had 2GB (I upgraded quite recently).

Additionally, using AdBlock actually makes it faster (for me).

That's probably true for me as well. Also Flashblock stops downloading a
lot of superfluous video (I'm on a 1Mbps DSL line).

poc

I have not followed this thread but last night when re-re-installing F10, there was a FF update and it got me thinking. Are the number of languages an issue still? I ask this as I was prompted to turn off a large list of languages.

FWIW, I don't find FF slow on an old 1.4G machine. I just don't have that man plugins running.

What does top say?
--
Robin Laing