Re: Fedora 10, xmodmap and xinitrc

On Wednesday, Jan 21st 2009 at 08:21 -0000, quoth Craig White:

=>Again on Acer Aspire One
=>
=>Looking at this page from Arch Linux page on Acer Aspire One...
=>
=>http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One#Additional_function_keys
=>
=>which suggests that I create mappings for some of the function keys so
=>they do things like control volume, etc. and then to add a link to
=>execute the mappings in .xinitrc
=>
=>Well, F10 doesn't have .xinitrc but it does have /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
=>and xinitrc-common but I suspect that a manual edit of either of those
=>is not really something to do with any permanence.
=>
=>What's the suggested method for adding xmodmap entries? Put into a file
=>in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ?
=>
=>Craig
=>
=>PS: I edited the Acer Aspire One page on FedoraProject wiki to reflect
=>the few easy steps to make the built-in camera work (for those with an
=>Acer Aspire One).
=>

Look in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common

All you need to do is to create a ~/.Xmodmap file and it should get pulled
in.

--
steveo at syslang dot net TMMP1 http://frambors.syslang.net/
Do you have neighbors who are not frambors? Steven W. Orr