Re: Package Manager Denies Permission to Install

From: Kam Leo <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Dickhead wrote
> > Logging in as root is like walking around with a loaded shotgun in your
> > belt with no safety latch. You can't install packages as the root user
> > as it's simply not secure. Just use a normal user login.

> > It's called PackageKit, and it's not insane. If you're running gtk+ as
> > root, you're already insecure.
> >
> > Richard.

>Regardless of the security rant, the default settings for yum should
>have enabled the Everything repository. Just use yum  to install the
>package. As a bonus yum will also add any dependencies you might have
>missed. Add/Remove Software from the GUI should also be able to do the
>same.

Thank you Kam. I have used 'Everything' repo for some years. In this case, I was not at a usual repo, but (iirc) at sourceforge and wanted to install an rpm.

And Dick. You are not being helpful. Please stop being a dickhead. I am a big boy. I happen to know that I am playing in the deep end of the pool. I do not need dickheads telling me I have to wear inflatable arm-rings to swim in the deep end.

Who is a confirmed apostate from 'root is the root of all evil' religion. Or maybe that should be an excommunicate from the religion.

Geoff