Re: how can I play DVD's on Fedora 10 ?

Thomas Iverson wrote:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matthew Flaschen wrote:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#dvd
Note that totem-xine (described there) is a GNOME app. For GNOME users this
is perfect, users of other desktop environments may prefer one of the
alternatives below.

There are KDE alternatives:
* dragonplayer (part of kdemultimedia) - KDE 4, minimalist UI
* kaffeine - powerful, still KDE 3 (but works fine in KDE 4 or any other DE)

There are also other alternatives:
* gxine - based on GTK+
* xine - skinnable UI using X11 directly

All of those are based on xine-lib, so just replace totem-xine in step 4 by
the app of your choice (or add several ones to try them out) and skip step
5. The required library packages are the same.

       Kevin Kofler

have a look at my article:
http://www.ghostunix.org/2009/01/add-rpm-fusion-repo-to-get-more-useful-rpm-packages/

and , I strongly recommend you read the article How to ask the
questions the smart way which wrote by Eric S. Raymond before you such
kind of questions.

I'm sure you can find an article on postings which (a) contain plugs for your stuff, (b) contain obscure semi-insults, and (c) don't answer the original (clear) question.

Your posting looks like a perfect trifecta of those things...

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>