Re: Is this problem solvable?

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 15:51 -0800, NiftyFedora Mitch wrote:
> There is no default way to remotely reboot a Linux system!

If one faces the possibility that one might remotely screw up hardware,
it can be worth your while to install watchdog hardware or software,
that will reboot a system if it's not kept happy (such as being unable
to do something over its network).

e.g. Periodically it tries to grab some external website file, if it
can't after 15 minutes of trying, try rebooting once.  The additional
clauses ignore temporary network issues, that may resolve without your
involvement, and to avoid going into a continual reboot cycle.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.