Re: MP3 playback in XMMS

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2009 12:07:07 Chris Jones wrote:
Nothing from multiverse is on the shipped CDs, nor is it enabled by
default.  It's exactly the same as rpmfusion, etc..  You have to add it
to sources.list yourself.
Indeed. All ubuntu does beyond Fedora is make it a little easier for the
user to add these additional repos if they choose to do so, by
acknowledging they exist and having a few tools to aid the user in
adding them if they wish to. Fedora on the other hand completely ignores
the additional repos and it is up to the user to find out about them
themselves. The default installation of ubuntu is as open and GPL as
Fedora is, IMHO (YMMV).

Where is Canonical's base?

The Isle of Man, if I remember correctly ;)

Country of origin makes a difference as to whether links to such things are legal or not.

Indeed. In fact I suspect this is why it is the Isle of Man - That place is a law unto itself and rather relaxed.

Chris

Anne